September 21, 2014

Photo Essay: Star Spangled Spectacular Sailing Trip

Star Spangled Spectacular, Gazela, Baltimore I don't always fall off the earth for a week, but when I do, I'm up to something fun. I helped sail tall ship, Gazela Primeiro, down to Baltimore for the bicentennial of the writing of the Star Spangled Banner. As this was my first real sail, I was very excited and overwhelmed.

We arrived at the ship at Penn's Landing in Philadelphia on Monday night and started off Tuesday morning. That night we dropped anchor near the Sassafras river. On Wednesday, we set off again and arrived at Baltimore around 10:30 in the morning. I was the cook for the first few days.


I created a photographic essay to document the experience.



4 comments:

  1. Neat! I bet that was awesome. I wanted to go to Baltimore for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very good experience! I hope your trip was fun as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that does sound amazing! I love your photography for the voyage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm enjoying hearing about your new adventures.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!

Copyright © 2008-2020 Stephanie Ann Farra. All rights reserved.

All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by Stephanie Ann Farra. Any reproduction, retransmissions, or republication of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless the author has explicitly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All other rights reserved.