April 20, 2012

Changes on the Farm

I'm finally back at work and happy to see some of the changes that occurred over the winter.

The green and newly blossoming trees.
A new baby calf.
Lighting the beehive oven, the first time since I've worked here.
A new baby lamb with a protective new mama.
New friends. :)
I'm so excited to be back on the farm again. Even with all of the stressful things that happen there and the physical labor, it is still the most relaxing place I ever go. In the early mornings, when the fog hangs low and there's dew on everything, I find myself crossing the bridge that leads from the 21st century into the 18th century. I always take a moment before I step off the bridge to look over the beauty of the farm and remind myself to "never take it for granted."

I'd like to think the farm misses us too after being shut up all winter. :)

9 comments:

  1. Awww. :3 I bet it's so cool working on a farm. I'd like to own one some day.

    http://clayxmatthewsxfan89.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should come out for the Civil War reenactment in Sept.

      Delete
  2. New baby calf! New baby lamb! Oh dear, so much cuteness! Bought off by so much work, no doubt... but I guess all the more wonderful for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so grateful to be working with you yesterday. You made an otherwise tough day bearable. Thanks.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry your day was so frustrating. It was such a nice day out. I think we might have to start having discipline rules. We never needed them before but I think children are not getting the proper structure at home anymore. (The change in behavior in 5 years has been astounding.)

      I think it's more than just "kids these days." They obviously aren't taught what is appropriate.

      Delete
  4. These are absolutely lovely pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So happy to have found your bog!!
    My family (husband and two little girls) and I are Rev war reenactors and love to read about all sorts of history. Your blog is so neat I enjoyed reading so many of your posts. I live in Delaware county PA.and look forward to reading more of your posts.
    Sandy
    www.bacharfarms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Copyright © 2008-2020 Stephanie Ann Farra. All rights reserved.

All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by Stephanie Ann Farra. Any reproduction, retransmissions, or republication of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless the author has explicitly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All other rights reserved.