Every once in a while the blogosphere goes silent. People are busy, we forget to comment on posts, although we've enjoyed them and we forget that the greatest thing about blogging and the internet is the people we meet. I've done a lot of "things you didn't know about me posts" with a blog of bloggers and find them to be a lot of fun and a great way to connect and get to know each other.
This is open to everyone whether you're a blogger or a blog reader. The Internet is a big, noisy place. Let's make it smaller! You can answer in the comments, on my facebook page, on your own blog but make sure to leave a link in the comments section.
1. Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a twenty-something girl living in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I've always wanted to use the term "twenty-something." I have a degree in History and Secondary Education and am the blogger here at World Turn'd Upside Down.
2. What are your hobbies? Do you have any interests most people don't know about?
I love blogging, history/reenacting and taking photos. I actually have a slight photo taking addiction. I also have a strange interest in historical court cases and forensics.
3. What is something that is on your bucket list?
I have a lot of weird stuff on my bucket list. Most of it has to do with traditional skills I would like to learn. Alternatively, I wish to travel a lot! At least see most of Europe, Egypt, India.
4. If you could wake up tomorrow and be anywhere in the world (past, present, or future), where would it be and why?
I'd probably have to go to the 1860s just to see what that's like. Being in the business of recreating the 1860s, one really wonders just how different it was.
5. Are you here for the history, the cooking, or the camaraderie?
I came for the food but stayed for the camaraderie.
6. What are your 3 favorite History/ DIY / Traditional skills/ Reenacting blogs or websites?
There are so many great blogs and things that it's hard to pick just three.
Ken has the best photos and is doing some really neat things in the Reenacting hobby.
It's always interesting to see what homesteaders are doing and how people can break the cycle of reliance on big business little by little.
This is just a fun one to learn about the history of food.
7. If you could ask any deceased person one thing, who would you ask and what would you ask?
I do not have a good answer for this one but I know some of you will. Whoever I got to talk to I would probably ask them their general advice for life after seeing the whole thing.
8. What are 3 pieces of fiction that will stay with you forever?
- Harry Potter
- Anne of Green Gables
- Les Miserables
9. What literary character best represents you at this point in your life?
10. You're stranded on a desert island. The boat won't be back for 3 months. A suitcase washes up on shore. What do you hope is in there?
-iPod + Earbuds
-Solar powered charger
-Notebook and a pen
-Cell Phone (Probably pushing my luck.) :P
Please comment and tag everyone! I'd really like to see what you all have to say.