June 13, 2014

Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party: Post 22

This is a very nature oriented post. I spent a lot of time outside, even though we've had a lot of rain. I suggest everyone get out at least a little bit these next few days. I've been trying to get together all of the stuff I need for the next Historical Food Fortnightly challenge.   

6-8-2014



It's my birthday so Andy and I took a walk in the park. We only had a few minutes before it was going to be dark and rainy but the clouds were very beautiful.
   
6-9-2014


Some visiting horses came to the farm to plow the fields as one of our horses is to old to plow and the other is just learning.  This was very cool to see.

6-10-2014

Under the crab apple trees. Can't wait to try to make crab apple cider in the fall.

6-11-2014


Experimenting with my camera.


6-12-2014 

6-13-2014



These storms are starting to become a regular thing.

9 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Hope it was enjoyed. Wonderful pictures. :)

    http://clayxmatthewsxfan89.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-secret-life-of-bloggers-blog-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a blogger but I love these post. Your photos are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It really means a lot to me when people feel inspired to leave a comment.

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed our walk. Bill's wife said that the tree sparrows we saw might have been trying to steal the bluebird's eggs!

    How did you take the picture of the storm. It looks pretty cool. Was it HDR or another technique? :)

    I haven't seen an empty bird's egg like that in a few years. Not enough time outside. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain outside my window? That was surprisingly not HDR! :) It just so happened that it was fairly bright outside and well lit inside. None of my bird shots were sharp enough to post.

      Delete
  4. Impressive colors in the 6-11-2014 picture. Love those blues!

    Hmm...frequent storms? Perhaps you'd like some of our sunshine? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. If you make cider from crab apples, please do a post about it. I would like to see the process and your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will. I've never done it before so it will be an exciting project. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete

Tell me what you think!

Copyright © 2008-2020 Stephanie Ann Farra. All rights reserved.

All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by Stephanie Ann Farra. Any reproduction, retransmissions, or republication of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless the author has explicitly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All other rights reserved.