May 24, 2013

The Secret Life of Bloggers Blog Party

The blogosphere has been quiet lately so I thought I'd throw a blog party!

Having kept this blog for a number of years I still feel that my readers don't get to meet the whole me. As I am increasingly encountering people who tell me that they recognize me from my blog. Sometimes I feel like I let them down. On my blog, I seem like a crazy history person, which I am. But if you meet me, I am just as likely to be running around in the woods in my Chuck Taylors, snapping photos of furry woodland creatures as I would be wearing period dress.

So I decided I'd start posting some photos from everyday that would show parts of my life that didn't typically make it to the blog. I thought it would be great for giving my readers a little more of a sense of who I am and I'd really like to get to see the lives of other bloggers.

If you would like to participate please leave a comment on the party page and I'll include your web addresses so other people can view your pictures.

Here's an example I made this week, hopefully they will be a little more eventful in the coming weeks:    

5-20-2013


My little herbs waiting to be big enough to be planted in the garden.

5-21-2013


Cooking with the students at work. We typically make sugar cake, shortbread, stewed apples and whipped cream. Yum!

5-22-2013


Getting ready to teach dancing at work. It was 88 degrees and so humid! I should have took a photo after I was finished. I was exhausted.

5-23-2013


Today at work we found this little lady, possibly finding a nice spot to lay eggs. We had thunderstorms and I thought the school might cancel. 

5-24-2013


Still rainy here. We thought the school would decide to cancel. Everyone came out and we had a good time, although cold and wet. I hope to finish the night off with some Singapore Mei Fun sans meat and chicken. It's one of those things I really like on a dreary day.

Hope everyone joins in! Lets get some more conversation in the blogosphere!

5 comments:

  1. Great idea and great pictures! I'll definitely join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait, Jess. You always have interesting photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose I could participate in this party, for those who don't watch me post my entire life on Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be participating too!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!