September 30, 2011

I Miss Fall

Fall is my favorite time of year, I love going up north and taking photos of all of the leaves in their brilliant glory. The reds, the oranges and the greens look like they just flowed out of the paintbrush of a master artist. I love the clear air, apple cider and the wood burning stove smoke that rustles in the leaves up above. It is cool enough for fuzzy sweaters but not so cold that you can't enjoy yourself outside. It is the perfect time for stargazing. The skies are clear and there are two meteor showers this October. Unfortunately, like last year, Fall has been so rainy that the leaves may all fall of the trees before they get a chance to change.

I thought I'd post some of my favorite photos from falls in the past. A virtual fall, if you will.



 I hope this season is just as beautiful as past seasons. I've bought myself a new palette for my paints and I plan to document it this year. I just love looking at it; it is pretty and white. My others are stained from pigments being left too long and bad cleaning practices. I almost don't want to dirty it. Of course I will. :D  


3 comments:

  1. Yes, I miss the falls we had in Oregon: they were often beautiful too. Thanks for sharing these pictures, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed that we didn't have much of a fall this year or last year. The leaved have normally turned by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much. Today was so cold and rainy. I did start painting a scene I saw yesterday, though it's not of pretty trees.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Copyright © 2008-2020 Stephanie Ann Farra. All rights reserved.

All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by Stephanie Ann Farra. Any reproduction, retransmissions, or republication of all or part of any document found on this site is expressly prohibited, unless the author has explicitly granted its prior written consent to so reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All other rights reserved.