August 10, 2011
25 Things You Didn't Know About Me
1. I have recorded in Elvis’ RCA studio in Nashville, TN.
2. I have gone over a waterfall without a boat, like they do in movies. You will scratch your back up, but it is worth it.
3. I crave “normal” knitting patterns. Making historical items is fun but working with 100% wool is expensive and limiting.
4. I held a baby chimpanzee once.
5. I used to like Harry Potter this much:
10 points to anyone who questioned that this ended.
6. Fall is my favorite season and Halloween my favorite holiday.
7. I love to cook but my family will not even taste anything that I cook.
8. Andy and I don’t know when our anniversary is. It’s sometime in September about 4 years ago. Around September 26th or 27th each year, we pick a day on the weekend that is good for both of us and celebrate on that day.
9. I think Valentine’s Day is stupid but I celebrate it anyway. It gives Andy and me an excuse to spoil each other rotten.
10. When I can’t sleep, I read the Federalist Papers.
11. I don’t like fiction all that much. 90% of what I read is nonfiction and the rest is Harry Potter (just kidding.)The rest tends to be classics. I do read a few children’s historical fiction books so I know what the children I teach have read about the Colonial and Civil War time periods.
12. I love thunderstorms, they are so relaxing.
13. Sometimes I read Cotton Mather’s, The Wonders of the Invisible World and am too scared to sleep. Scary stuff:
a. “For Instance, John Cool: testifi'd, That about five or six Years ago, one Morning, about Sun-Rise, he was in his Chamber assaulted by the Shape of this Prisoner [Bridget Bishop]: which look'd on him, grinn'd at him, and very much hurt him with a Blow on the side of the Head: and that on the same day, about Noon, the same Shape walked in the Room where he was, and an Apple strangely flew out of his Hand, into the Lap of his Mother, six or eight Foot from him.”
b. “VI. Samuel Gray testifi'd, That about fourteen Years ago, he wak'd on a Night, and saw the Room where he lay full of Light; and that he then saw plainly a Woman between the Cradle, and the Bed-side, which look'd upon him. He rose, and it vanished; tho' he found the Doors all fast. Looking out at the Entry-door, he saw the same Woman, in the same Garb again; and said, In God's Name, what do you come for? He went to Bed, and had the same Woman again assaulting him. The Child in the Cradle gave a great Screech, and the Woman disappeared. It was long before the Child could be quieted; and tho' it were a very likely thriving Child, yet from this time it pined away, and, after divers Months, died in a sad Condition. He knew not Bishop, nor her Name; but when he saw her after this, he knew by her Countenance, and Apparel, and all Circumstances, that it was the Apparition of this Bishop, which had thus troubled him.”
14. I never spell check the titles of my blog posts which is why a lot of them have huge spelling errors. I type them fast and forget to check them.
15. I love books to the point it was necessary to switch to ebooks because I honestly did not have room for any more.
16. I am a vegetarian.
17. My favorite food is “Noodles and Spinach” made by my grandmother. It is pretty much macaroni and cheese with spinach and sweet onions in it.
18. I don’t believe college degrees mean much in terms of ability to do a job. There are plenty of intelligent, competent, creative and talented people who never went to college.
19. I am addicted to Chinese Food, especially steamed vegetable dumplings. I love “trashy American” Chinese food as well as traditional.
20. I think corsets are comfier than bras. Which is why I think it is hilarious when people put on a corset and declare “I can’t breathe!” like they do in the movies.
21. I believe in doing what you love now, instead of waiting for recognition. a. You might not be a famous clothing designer now. But you are a clothing designer, don’t wait until you are well known to start designing clothing or you never will. I also don’t think you should title yourself as an “aspiring clothing designer” when you actually are a clothing designer by definition.
22. I love animals, especially bunnies.
23. I don’t really like watching movies. When I do watch movies, I have to be doing something else or I get incredibly bored. I normally knit, sew, draw or write.
24. I didn’t feel that this blog was established, until the day I found out that other sites stole material from it.
25. I dislike it when blogs supply their own music that plays automatically. If you have more than one blog open, this gets really annoying as you scroll to find the little off buttons to turn all of the music off. It is even more annoying if you are listening to your own music already. I think it would be cool to have a music widget there, with your favorite songs to read by that allows your readers to click and listen to your playlist if they want to.
26. I found out I am allergic to peanut butter while I was writing this list and had an allergic reaction which closed my throat. (I’m okay!)
If you think this was fun, do it on your blog, or in a comment on this blog. It’s fun to get to know everyone!